Skype 4 for Linux review - Jolly good

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Here be nice little review and screenshot tour of Skype 4 for Linux, including installation attempts in Fedora and Ubuntu, look & feel, audio and video (web camera) functionality, system menu integration, and more. Enjoy.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/skype-4.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

This is pretty exciting for me. I love Skype because it's so easy to use and so easy to connect with people halfway around the globe.

You must have been in the room with me last time I Skyped on a Windows machine. A lady really shouldn't string so many curse words together at one time. :D

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

So, no one concerned with the fact that Microsoft can monitor/keep/modify/whatelse Skype calls? I believe I've read something about that... :doubt:

4. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

If you're having national security conversations over skype then you're a fool anyway. I guess I'm an incredibly boring person- there's nothing I could possibly say over Skype that would concern me in the least if Microsoft listened in.

That's what IRC is for ;)

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Not that I got any. But, as an European citizen I dislike what Microsoft is doing 100%. We're getting to a day and age where if you want to use something, it's either all or nothing.

Heck, even to have a new Gmail account it's now needed to provide a mobile number!! No mobile number, no account. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.