site advisor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lodore, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

i have install site advisor today in firefox (for me) and in IE for my family.

I have found it useful. i was wondering if a site comes with a red cross aka bad site and will download malware on your pc. if you click the link by mistake does it come up with a box staying "warning dangerous site will download malware to you pc do you wish to countinue? no return to last page or yes go to it anyway?

because i dont want to click on a dangerous site to check i think you understand why lol since this is a security forum

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Never tried it, but if it shows a red cross, I stay away from it. :)
    I guess you won't get a warning, since you already got one with that red colour.

When you click on the red cross or the yellow exclamation mark, a popup will appear, so you can check out the site details by pressing more info. :D

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Lodore,

I am not sure if Dr Web AV link checker checks for other than viruses. I have it and use it also along with SiteAdvisor.

Jerry

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

there is no warning prompt or anything but sitehound does have such feature.

also a red rating from SA is not always indicative of malicious downloads.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

For that type of alert you need SiteHound toolbar.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i tryed site hound but for most of the features you have to pay for it and i thought it was ment to be free..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.