SiSoftware Sandra Users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

My operating systems is an AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+. I am running Windows XP Pro with an 80Gig Western Digital Hardrive. When I check the Temperature Sensors with the SiSoftware Sandra software it reads as follows:

Board Temperature 32.00 Degree C
    CPU Temperature 31.00 Degree C
    Auxiliary Temperature 36.50 Degree C

Can someone tell me if this sounds about right? My system seems to be running just fine so I do not suspect that it is over heating or anything.

All replies will be appreciated and I would thank you in advance.

John

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

About right. Did you just start the machine?

3. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

My computer had been on for hours before I looked at the Temperature Sensors. Everything has been performing fine I was just curious. Periodically I like to check what I can but my expertise is rather limited. I have software that will check various functions but to be perfectly honest after I read the results I most times do not understand what it is saying. I am very lucky that there is people such as you on this forum willing to share there knowledge. Thanks again for your reply.

John

4. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

You should also check the temperatures in your BIOS. Do it after using for a while the computer. Reboot...enter BIOS, check the temperatures.

Also compare the temperatures using other software too: Everest, Speedfan etc.

Temperature sensors are tricky in general. You may see different values using various software, in your bios or measuring them with 3rd party sensors.

If 1. your system is stable 2. you regularly remove the dust from inside your case 3. the fans sound like always, then you have nothing to worry about.

Consider also that at least for the northern hemi-sphere this is a particular period. The temperatures are starting to rise and computers without sufficient air circulation, start to suffer.

Consider also that modern CPUs and motherboards have self protection mechanisms that turn off the pc when a certain high temperature is detected. Also mechanisms like AMD 's cool and quiet should be enabled in bios.

Considering the temperatures that you have posted as idle temperatures I can say that are really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.