Since when?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Mele20, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Since when can we no longer reply to threads not even 30 days old because they are too old?! Actually, it is early morning here now so the thread is 29-30 days old. So, when was this 30 day limit on replies instituted?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Since quite a while, actually. The time limit for replying to threads varies in some forum sections. It's a few days in the Test forum, as topics there are not meant to be replied to, and they can get deleted on an aggressive schedule. It's two weeks in this section since General Topics is more of a current issues area, where people ask forum related questions or bring up issues (like this one). (Two weeks is a long time on the Internet, and things can change day to day or person to person, so, a two week old thread here may not reflect the same issue.) But, the limit is 6 months in most of the other forum sections. If something hasn't been replied to in 6 months, its definitely time to start a new topic on a subject.

There isn't currently any section that has a 30 day limit, although we have used that time limit in some beta sections previously, since beta related issues often change rapidly from build to build. You didn't say which section, so I'm guessing you wanted to bump a thread in this section which is on a 2 week limit.

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yes, I was trying to reply to a thread here in this forum and got that message. I was puzzled because I recalled a number of threads in Other Antivirus being replied to long after one month had gone by. I didn't know the time limit varied somewhat with certain forums. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.