since i have got no response from disktrix

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have a laptop i am giving someone and i do not want to remove all the software installed only some of it since some i am giving them with the laptop. but my lic to ud from disktrix is installed on that system and i have uninstalled it and searched through the registry and removed every entry i can find for it. problem is when i go to reinstall it (im thinking if they tried to you never know since they know i had it on there) it already has my lic key stored still.

does anyone have any idea of where the key is stored so i can fully remove it from the system so i dont give my key away with it?? maybe im missing it or overlooking it as a different name in the registry but for the life of me i do not see it. i have emailed distrix a few times now and still have no response back about this. i simply want to strip this lic key out of the system and i dont want to format it since there is no need and some of the programs like rosetta stone are on there and im giving it to them with it (my nephew)

thanks

2. zfactor

arghhh. anyone have any ideas? i wanted to give this to him this weekend. no matter what i try i cant get it to ask for a new lic key...

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

your best bet is to wait for distrix to respond and come up with a solution. I doubt they will reveal a key location in registry though for all the obvious reasons.

4. zfactor

sorry forgot to update this i ended up figuring it out. i was able to extract and remove it. you can close this one. sadly disktrix was non responsive and imo they should have at least responded to the emails even if they were not willing to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.