Simpler?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by northstar51, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

Hello: I recently installed an anti-spyware/malware product (ad-aware se) and am wondering if it isn't just simpler to disable PG while running this program and then re-enabling PG when finished running Ad-aware? I believe this program does a good job of properly identifying malware, so I don't think deleting the wrong things would be a big issue here. Any thoughts/input would be apprciated. thanks...NS51

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Northstar51, AdAware is a trusted program, put it on your protection list and give it any allows it requires. There should be no need to disable ProcessGuard whilst it scans or removes malware.

HTH Pilli

3. northstar51

northstar51 Registered Member

Hi Pilli:
    thanks for the response. The malware entered my system through my own stupidity--allowed some ActiveX controls I obviously shouldn't have. Live and learn I supopose...

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Ah well, try firefox or opera as your main surfing browser and only use IE for windows updates or very trusted sites.

We live and learn :)

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.