simple test failed - any ideas?

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by dman69, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dman69

dman69 Guest

Hi all,

New here...GREAT FORUM!!!

this is what I did, i put in the warmguard block list the program setup.exe.
    when running it indeed it was blocked.
    BUT, when running an autorun script that runs the setup.exe, it didnt, the app just run.

any ideas, my guess would be that I'm doing something wrong...since its so trivial.

d.

2. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

hmm, Wormguard has been designed in the first place to block scripts, not exe's...

Dolf.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I suppose the file was not malicious enough to give WormGuard any reason to stop it?
    Don't put your *.exe in the always block list om the left, or you'll have great trouble to run your windows and everything. :D

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

It would seem that WormGuard should be able to detect a script that is about the execute an .exe since this could be potentially dangerous.

Rich

5. James Taylor

James Taylor Guest

That wouldn't be practical. Since one of the major uses of scripts is to automate the running of programs.

Thank god I have SSM as a backup.

6. dman69

dman69 Guest

this can't be, really, aren't 95% of the CDs have autorun scripts?

I would guess that the FIRST thing to handle are autorun scripts, I must be doing something wrong....did anyone made this test as wello_Oo_O?

And if I am right.....man what a bad buy....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.