Simple Question for Admin re: Firefox and the Board

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by dog, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, :)

Just a quick question ... for some reason if you reload your Browser or Return to the Main Board from a forum ... Your always repositioning to the top of the board ... This doesn't happen with IE, and this doesn't happen elsewhere with Firefox.

I know it's no big deal ... I was just wondering o_O - I'm sorry if this has been covered before ... I didn't see it

TIA - and thanks for your time, I know your all busy ;)

dog - *puppy* - :D

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, we have no idea why. There are no configurable options regarding how things react here browser to browser. Things pretty much work the way they work based upon how vBulletin was programmed by its development team for such things.

When people post questions, issues or problems regarding how the forum software works for them, we look for the obvious things we can advise them on. This might include settings in their browser or other security software running on their system, if what they describe is likely to be the result of such settings or software.

Other than that, and checking for documented bugs within the vBulletin release we're running, there's not much we can do about most quirks in forum behavior differences (person to person, browser to browser, etc.)

Currently we are running the initial full-release version of vBulletin 3.0.0. There is a minor bug-fix release (3.0.1) that we're looking at, though it is just that - a minor bug-fix release, so it isn't critical. I'm thinking about installing that at some point fairly soon as it's probably only a 1 hour downtime provided nothing goes wrong.

That update may or may not help with some small and subtle issues people are having here, but I wouldn't expect major changes in functionality for anyone.

The reason we didn't upgrade right away when that version came out is that every upgrade requires careful review and testing, and you never know when an upgrade will cause database damage and result in a major forum outage.

I realize this is more of an answer than was needed for your question, and also not one that gives you a specific answer to what you asked, but it's important information for those posting broader functionality questions since it explains a little about the limitations we're under when it comes to fixing things that are probably based entirely on internal vBulletin programming.

3. dog

dog Guest

Thanks LWM, :)

Appreciate all the info ... :) and the timely response ;)

Sorry to trouble you about such a trival thing ... it doesn't matter to me either way ... it was just a wondering thing! :doubt:

Major forum outages are not allowed :D, I'd be homeless 'n have no where to go ... LOL :D ... You're not trying to get rid of me already are you!!! :doubt: ... :D LOL

Thanks Again, LWM :)

Steve - *puppy* :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.