Silly Question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MRSCT, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I am trying out F-Prot AV and it said that it is not turned on. It referred me to the Microsoft Security Center, but I have no idea what to do. Am I suppose to have something else installed with this program o_O
    MRSCT

2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

There should be one or two F-Prot icons in your system tray - one for the F-Prot Scheduler (if it is enabled) and one for the F-Prot resident scanner, F-StopW. MS Security Center looks for F-StopW and will alert you if it's disabled or not running.

Make sure F-StopW is there and also that it isn't disabled - if disabled it will have a red circle with a white x on the icon.

If you're certain that F-Prot is running and you want to test it, visit the Eicar antivirus test site at www.eicar.com and try downloading the eicar.com antivirus test file. If you get alerted that the file has been blocked, then F-Prot is working properly.

If it is working, open MS Security Centre and turn off the alerts for your antivirus, as they're wrong...

3. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Thank you, It's turned on now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.