Silent Uninstall w/Password

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jprudente, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jprudente

jprudente Registered Member

Hi All,

I'm looking to uninstall some NOD32 v4 installations via the MSI, but the NOD32 password is required to do so. How can I pass this through to the MSI via the command line?

Thanks,
    James

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. jprudente

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I know the password, but need to pass it to msiexec so NOD32 will uninstall silently.

Thanks,
    James

4. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Thank you for the clarification. Yes, this is obviously a self-defense feature to keep malware from silently uninstalling ESET Security Products as part of the infection process. I will discuss this with my colleagues to see what the process is for valid customers to use this method.

In the meantime, is there a specific reason for uninstalling silently? Could you not also create an uninstall package and push it on the clients via ERA? This should also uninstall ESET without disrupting end users or requiring their involvement with the process at all.

5. jprudente

I need to migrate servers from NOD32 v4 to the server-specific product. Since there is no upgrade path, v4 has to be uninstalled. This is far less disruptive if I can setup a group policy to do the uninstall, then the new install, and just force a reboot whenever is convenient.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

James

6. jprudente

OK, well this is apparently not that difficult. I stumbled on the command line options shown in the Installation Packages Editor in the RA.

PASSWORD=password

Seems to work OK. Thanks.

James

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Yes, that's how it works. It just took me a bit to look up the parameter via Orca :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.