Signature updates stop after 2085 (20070228)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by dsi-ap, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Hello all,
    We found all servers and clients stop receiving NOD signature updates after 28th Feb.
    A component update to version 2.70.32 performed manualy on all affected machines had to be performed before, updates continue as usual.

What should be done to prevent signature updates to cease when a component update is required?
    Considering 'component updates' require a reboot after install and reboot on production machines need to be schedule for a good time for them to happen.

Is the configuration change that is required to be done to allow component updates to happen and signature file still continue to update.

Your advice much appreciated, thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Control Center->Update->Setup->Type of update Change

Set to : perform component update if available and then choose Never restart computer . This way NOD32 will get the updates but will not restart the "Productive machine" and will apply the new version next time you manually restart your computers

About this
    I can't understand a word so if the problem is still up , could you please provide more details.Thanks

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I do not recommend enabling component updates on servers. Just disable it and upgrade NOD32 manually at the time of a server maintenance.

4. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Agreed...but will signature uodates continue to works as normal?

5. dsi-ap

dsi-ap Registered Member

Thanks for your recommendations HT. Have set these options in the configurations and push upto all clients.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , if you set it up as per my recommendations .

Thanks for letting me know . You are welcome :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.