Signature Updates for a Laptop

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jackfla5h, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackfla5h

jackfla5h Registered Member

I am using ESET NOD32 V4 and have set two profiles up on my laptop. The first one has the company proxy server in it and the second one doesnt so i can update from home. The update always fails at home as its tries to use the proxy server. I have to go into the settings and choose the second profile as default to make it update. Then i have to change it back when i return to the office. Is there a way to make it automatically try the second profile if the first one is unsuccessful?

2. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

To my knowledge (admittedly limited) there is no way to make it fail over. I had the same question when I setup for the first time a few months back. I don't run a proxy here so I just left my roamers to connect directly to eset and my other systems connect to my local Nod server.

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Go to the scheduled tasks in Nod32 and edit the various update check ones. Just click through the first few windows until you finally hit Finish. After that the window closes and a new one pops up asking which update profile should be your primary and which should be your secondary. Do that for each of the update tasks.

4. jackfla5h

jackfla5h Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Ive sorted the problem. The second profile (Internet Updating) was set to "dont use a proxy server". I changed this to "Use Glabal Proxy Server Settings" and this worked. Not sure what the difference is but everything is updating both onsite and off now.

5. PCMonk

PCMonk Registered Member

I see the "Global Proxy Setting" is in the Setup menu under "Setup Proxy Server". Is your setup? It looks the same as the setting screen in the profile. I with you, why does it work now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.