SI ProcMon shows nonstop RegQuery

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by justenough, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justenough

justenough Registered Member

I am new to Windows, so I don't know if this is a problem, but it wasn't happening with Avast. I just installed Prevx, and it is working nonstop with RegQueryValue such as these:

1:27:44.0539426 PM prevx.exe 1040 RegQueryValue HKLM\SOFTWARE\PCSI\UninstallDone SUCCESS Type: REG_DWORD, Length: 4, Data: 1

1:27:44.0539531 PM prevx.exe 1040 RegQueryValue HKLM\SOFTWARE\PCSI\KCSI NAME NOT FOUND Length: 144

1:27:44.2250841 PM prevx.exe 1380 RegQueryValue HKLM\SOFTWARE\PCSI\KCSI NAME NOT FOUND Length: 144

It is around 160 queries a second, and seems to be the same things over and over. Is this normal?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    It is normal for Prevx to be querying those values, but not at that frequency. Could you please send me a log fom ProcMon to report@prevxresearch.com and I will investigate further?

Thank you!

3. justenough

Yes I will be happy to send you the log. Can you tell me how to make such a log? And is report@prevxresearch.com the email address to send it to?

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Can you please try clicking File > Save and selecting "Comma-Separated Values (CSV)" and save the file to disk and then send that to us directly? I suspect there isn't actually a problem here because of how ProcMon reports events but still worthwhile investigating :)

5. justenough

Log file sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.