Show your Custom Home Page

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Rmus, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

How many, like me, have never found the regular home/start pages very useful? I've customized my own to include items I use regularly. Since it is stored on the HD, it loads instantly as the browser starts up, and I keep it open as a tabbed window so that it is readily accessible. It's like a large bookmark page with the items customized.

Has anyone else done something similar?

The Items in the top menu are jump-links to the item down on the page - Weather, for example.

Each of the images is a clickable link.

I've posted just part of the page, since it is a large file (400KB). Here is a link to a picture of the full page

http://www.rsjones.net/imgs/search1.jpg

2. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

What a unique idea, and with clickable links too !

Just a point though, why would anybody want to know what the weather is like underground lol ?

StevieO

3. StevieO

Sorry Rmus, forgot to show you my home page http://www.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/784/home16wi.png

Yes i know very exciting isn't it lol. But i don't always want to start off by going to the same place first every time, so it saves loading up the wrong page. It's not really the time that bothers me though, as it's only microblobs, just a bit silly going where i don't want to go. People on Dial Up would really benefit from doing this if they wanted different start pages every time !

StevieO

4. dog

dog Guest

Rather than using an invalid url ... why not just use a blank page?

5. StevieO

dog

Well not much difference really i would have thought, as it achieves exactly the same goal, no external homepage that gets DL'd when you log on etc !

StevieO

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Still, learning. Anyway, right now whatever it appears in the page will be ok for me...;) as long as it is not a hijacked page. :D

7. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I do not use a custom page ... but I do use a Unique page that my kids love.

Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.