"Show desktop toolbar" should have option to NOT be always on top

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by VanguardLH, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VanguardLH

VanguardLH Registered Member

The "Show desktop toolbar" option needs a further sub-option:

Always on top

Current the default behavior is to keep this toolbar on top of windows for other applications. The result is that it eventually will interfere with the use of those other windows because elements get hidden underneath. No matter where on the screen I move the toolbar, eventually it covers something that I need to see or a clickable object that I need to use. Yes, I can drag it out of the way but then it later gets in the way again. An option should be added to NOT have this toolbar always on top.

In fact, I wanted it only as an indicator of whether I was in System Safe mode or not, not to right-click on it to select menu actions. I don't want it always in my face, just as a reminder.

So an option should be added where the user can elect to NOT have the toolbar force itself atop other windows. By having an "Always on top" option, the user can disable it so it gets out of the way. Because it always will eventually get in the way, I have to configure RSS to not show this toolbar. This means I lose the indicator showing virtualized state (the tray icon isn't usable for this).

2. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I had to deactivate the bar and just use the tray icon. The bar interfered with the screen saver. When the screen saver would kick in the bar would still be visible which defeated the point of having a screen saver. If it had an option to hide underneath then that might would hide it while the screen saver is active.

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi guys,
    The toolbar is the toolbar and is also designed to do exactly as described. If it is too prominent or defined, try increasing its transparency (preferences > User Interface tab).

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.