Should we install build 826 or wait.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by clifdene, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clifdene

clifdene Registered Member

My True Image is working very well and I do not wish to risk it.
    Any suggestions?

Norman

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Norman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Every new build contains some fixes that is why we recommend to update Acronis software. However, in some cases the fix doesn't concern your particular system. If everything works fine for you now you may use the older build. If you encounter any problem please install the latest build first and see whether the problem remains.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. clifdene

Thank you very much for your very prompt reply. It is very much appreciated.

Norman

4. mareke

mareke Registered Member

I've routinely updated to each new build that came out since first buying Acronis even though there has been nothing wrong with the first build I used (the one before build 774) and have discovered that the boot CDs on some of the later builds don't work as well but the main Acronis program does.

Recently after updating to build 826 and making a boot CD I tried to restore an image and found that Acronis froze at the start of the restore process, wiping C drive, but not doing the restore. I then used the boot CD from build 774 and the restore process went without a hitch as it always has with this build boot CD.

I'll continue to update if new builds come out but keep the build 774 boot CD that I know works without a hitch. It seems strange to me that a build 826 boot CD does not allow me to do a successful restore (I also found that a build 800 boot CD causes a minor problem on my computer) while using the build 774 boot CD works without a hitch.

I would be angry if I bought build 826 of Acronis and found that I could not restore images which would be the case if I bought online and downloaded build 826. Since Acronis does not provide the facility for downloading earlier builds once a new build comes out I’m happy to download each new build and store it along with previous builds on my computer as it means that I can always go back to an earlier build if a new one causes problems on my computer.

5. clifdene

Mareke

I have only now realised that you responded to my query. Thank you very much for your helpful advice.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello clifdene, mareke.

Please note that we have released the new build of Acronis True Image. You can update your copy of Acronis True Image 8.0 to the 903 build. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

mareke, please create the new bootable CD and see whether the problem persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.