Should I stick with ATI 6.0 and not upgrade?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RLK, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLK

RLK Registered Member

I have 6.0 and have made about 10 complete HD images since Sept. 2003. I have never had to restore the images since I've not had any problems. From what I have read here, I may have had a false sense of security that the image would be there if and when I needed it. I verify each image I create.

Are there image restore problems with 6.0?

Should I stay with 6.0 and not upgrade to 7.x or 8.0?

Win 2000 Pro

RLK

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

You SHOULD have a false sense of security if you have been taking images periodically since Sep 2003 and have never tested the restore process! Even with verified images "things" can happen at the very moment you most need to do a critical restore. First off, get yourself lined out with a tried and true (thoroughly tested) image creation and restore procedure (the RESTORE is the biggie and if you AINT got a solid way to go with that do not bother to take backups!). I use TI7 and it has proven itself time and time again in a critical situation, but, I had a TESTED procedure in place way before "critical" ever happened! Everyone seems pleased with TI6 and if it works for you, and again, you have the procedures and strategies in place, you should have absolutely no problem whatsoever. Keep verifying those images. That is one good habit to get into and 1 day it will pay off for you! It has for me!

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, RLK

I agree with all mike_wells says, but has Ti6 did not have a verifying tool, you will have to try a get the old one which was a separate tool to download. [if you do not have it]

I need the full working Ti8, [full Ti7 will not work with my Raid Array Chipset Controller] but I am waiting on Acronis Support to come up with the fix.

Ti6 and 7 works great on my PATA. [IDE]

AS they say If it not broke do not try fixing it, leave Ti8 till you need it.

That what I will be doing with XP-SP2.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

4. RLK

RLK Registered Member

Thanks for the detailed replies. I will follow your recommendations.

RLK

5. McDoogie

McDoogie Registered Member

Can't provide any solutions to your query other than to say, if you ever want to part with your copy of TI V6.0 I'm a ready customer. Have monitored the many input discussions re: V7.0 and V8.0 and have concluded that with my outdated systems I need version 6.0.......Acronis want me to buy version 8.0 then take a step, or more, backward and I'll have V6.0, doesn't sound right to me...let me know if you ever want to part with v6.0, as I'm seriously interested. ...Doug.

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I have only ever heard and read good things about version 6, that is more than I can say about v.7 or 8. :doubt:

Acadia

7. RLK

RLK Registered Member

McDoogie:

I use ATI 6.0 on my work computer, so it does not belong to me. I got it for a small fee during the promotion for owners of Norton Ghost. I have never had to use any backup (image or standard) since I have been very lucky and partly because I do daily preventive maintenance. I could not believe how easy ATI imaging was compared to Ghost. TI will surely fix the bugs in 8.0.

Now, if Mr. Mike Wells will tell us in detail (something he is good at) about his TESTED procedure, I would follow that to a "T" to ensure a good strategy before that critical RESTORE is needed.

RLK

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, McDoogie

Where's the step back you could have had Ti7 but thought it had to many Automatic and Advanced features so you let it pass:- #1

Then you go on about Ti8:- #31

And this is from someone as never used the program.

Have you any need for it as it would seem you are sill using win95 as your OS, because win98 would seem to Advanced for you.

I respect most posters here [except the Ignorant] as they are users trying to get help and fix things.

No somebody trying to get a Pirated copy. [Illegal to be blunt]

Take Care,
    TheQuest

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  9. RLK

RLK Registered Member

Thanks Acadia, that sounds good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.