Should I have stayed with version 4 of NOD32 for a business?

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by enduser999, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I have a client with a small lan and Windows2003 server currently using version 4 of NOD32 Business Edition. Their NOD32 Business Edition came up for a renewal and I was told that I could stay with version 4 of NOD32 or switch to version 5 where servers will licensed separately from workstations. I renewed the licenses and upgraded to version 5 of NOD32.

My question is there any difference between NOD32 Endpoint Antivirus and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 5 for Home Users? The reason I have to ask is that I have a Home Edition here on Windows7 and the interface at least looks identical. With NOD32 version 5 I have lost count on how many times I noticed that the systray icon turned orange but was at a loss why it was orange. Nothing stood out in the GUI as an alert.I do notice that the systray icon seems to be a bit different in the Endpoint version which I do not like that much. The center of the "bullseye" in systray icon for Endpoint seems to be poorly colored unlike the systray icon in version 5 which is bright green or bright orange to allow one to quickly see if there is a possible alert condition. In the Endpoint version the systray icon is hard to tell whether it is green or colorless.

Also if one is upgrading from a Business version 4 of the antivirus to Endpoint Antivirus or in the case of servers, Eset File Security for MS Windows Server, does one have to go through the process of uninstalling the old version, bouncing the box and installing the newer version?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

The difference between ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 and ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5 is the same difference as between ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Home Edition. The Endpoint editions allow centralized management through ERA, mirroring of updates and the ability to install on Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.

3. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I was told that I had to use Eset File Security for MS Windows Server rather than Endpoint Edition which is for non servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.