Should I buy NOD32 2-5 User Home Package?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Zhenya, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhenya

Zhenya Registered Member

Can somebody give me an advise onto which version of NOD32 I should buy for my home network (which is going to be under Win2k Server)?

I'll have total of 4-5 computers (including my main computer/server) and I'd like my client computers be able to get/download updates from my Win2k server. However, it's not that vital that clients be able to download updates (since it's going to be home network for my own practice with configuring stuff) from my server if I'll have the ability of scanning them manually/automatically through the network off my server, which will have up to date virus definitions.

So, here are my areas of concern regarding NOD32 2-5 User Home Package :

1) Will NOD32 2-5 User Home Package do the job if it does NOT include administrator's version of NOD32o_O
    2) Will I be able to scan client's computers for viruses through the network?
    3) Will I be able to get new virus definitions for EACH client computer off my Win2k Server - hence, not from the INET but through the network, automatically or upon manual initiation of this process from within the client computer?

Thanks a lot for your help! I hope that all I wrote does make sense.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No.

Just scan , not real time protection and in case the whole drive is shared . If not the whole drive is shared , you can scan only the shared part.

For your network you need one of these choices:

1. A Multiuser license for 5 machines including LanUpdate edition
    2. An Enterprise Edition license for 5 machines

Choice 1 includes NOD32 for Windows Standart edition + NOD32 for Windows LanUpdate edition

Choice 2 includes NOD32 for Windows Standart edition + NOD32 for Windows LanUpdate edition + Remote Admininstrator Server/Console

• The Standart edition is used to protect the machine on which it is installed .
    • The LanUpdate edition is made of the Standart edition + Mirror function . The Mirror function can create a definitions copy which can be places in a folder (on e.g. your Windows 2000 server) and then all other computers/workstations update from your server
    • Remote Admin Console/Server (RAS/RAC) servers for ability to fully and remotely administrate all your NOD32 on your computers

If you need RAC/RAS , you buy NOD32 Enterprise edition . If you don't need remote admin , you get NOD32 LanUpdate edition license for 5 machines :thumb:

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

as pointed out - you get to run your local mirror - but not Remote administrator server/console.

for a home network, it's a great choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.