Should I buy ATI 8.0???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WildViper, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildViper

WildViper Guest

I was about to buy ATI when I read some of the problems on these forums with this product. Specifically I am concerned about:

1. DVD Recorder support

Like few others, when I read that I can make images onto DVDs, I presume that Acronis software will do this....not provide me with an image that I have to then burn using my own burning software. I work in a corporate environment and we are in the market for a software such as ATI that will burn to DVDs without "training" our staff (1000+) on how to burn the image on to DVDs using Nero or other similar software. Most of these people are not computer savvy and would rather just press a button or two.

So, is Acronis going to support "Direct" writing to a DVD recorder?? Preferably DVDRs and not the expensive DVDRWso_O??

2. Customer Service Support

I have read that Acronis is not providing top-level customer service. This is a major concern for us. I even called their number and all I got was a recording and asking me to leave my details. I hung up. As an IT Manager, I can not deal with companies that does provide top-level support. Is this something that is temporary due to holidays or is this something that has been the norm??

I am sorry, but email support doesn't cut it for us. We need access to humans especially when we are dealing with our data.

3. Image corruptions

I have also read that many people have experienced this when trying to restore their images. This is totally unacceptable to us. We need to have a software that provides images that are 100% working..not 99.99% or excuses for why it didn't work.

So what is the true state of this??

Now, I understand that not every software is bullet-proof and that for our needs we may need to go with other bigger players, however, with the way our setup is, I figured ATI may offer us a better option. It doesn't seem to be the case...or is it?

Please provide me with your honest experience keeping in mind that we are going to have to deploy this for at least 1,000 users.

2. Zintar

Zintar Guest

If 99.99% is not good enough for you then having 1000+ people each individually backing up their data to packet-written DVD-Rs sounds like a mistake to me. Even DVD replicators strongly prefer not to receive the master on a DVD-R.

If you're an IT manager, then I suggest you do what IT managers do, including bringing a copy in-house and trying it in your environment.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello WildViper,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please see my answers below.

1) We definitely will implement DVD-writing functions in future versions of Acronis True Image. Our Development Team is working constantly and we do have this feature in our Enhancement List.

Please also note that we do fully support DVD+Rs. The only DVD discs that we don't support are DVD-Rs.

2) We do have a special team for customers who purchase many copies of Acronis True Image. We do have a special phone number for such customers.

3) The image corruption problem. Our Development Team claims that in most of the cases this is a hardware problem. However, we do investigating every problem with Acronis True Image that is reported to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.