Should I be concerned ?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Defenestration, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Hi again everyone,

I have a few questions after reading the review at:

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/review-boclean.htm

The questiuons I have relate to the following comments:

"Many of today's trojans attempt to pull down anti-trojan defenses mounted by the user. For example, one common trojan claims that it can disable any of 32 different anti-virus/anti-trojan monitors that may be running on the user's computer at the time the trojan is executed. And it's no idle boast - this trojan does have that ability. Watching it in action is an awesome experience."

Anyone know exactly what trajan this is ? Is/Was TDS vulnerable to this attack, or was it one of the exceptions ?

"Designers of anti-trojan monitors try and protect their programs against this sort of attack using a number of clever techniques. A common one is to have two monitors running in memory with each watching the other. If a trojan shuts down one monitor, the other notices it and restarts it immediately.

This is of course a cat and mouse game. Sometimes the trojan will win, at other times the anti-trojan monitor. The simple fact is that the best way to stop a trojan is never to let it be executed to start with."

Is this the way the TDS-3 monitor works ?

Is this the way the spangly new all fangled TDS-4 monitor will work.

I did have somethin else to say but forgot what I was going to say (who says, you only lose your memory in old age...?:eek:)

If I remember, I 'll be back!

Anyway, life is hard for me, so back off to work with Christine Aguilera...

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there!
    On the DiamondCS site you'll see equal kinds of horror stories and explanation how TDS (and the other tools) deal with it, with screenshots, etc.
    Very interesting stuff. So don't worry with TDS (and best also the other interesting DCS tools) on your system you're really well protected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.