Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

I'm still learing how to use PG, so can anyone tell me what the following message means in the PG Log, and if I should be concerned about this? Thanks.

19 Jun 14:43:40 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]
    19 Jun 14:43:41 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\processguard\dcsuserprot.exe [1728]
    19 Jun 14:43:41 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]
    19 Jun 14:43:42 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\processguard\dcsuserprot.exe [1728]
    19 Jun 14:43:42 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]
    19 Jun 14:44:14 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\processguard\dcsuserprot.exe [1728]
    19 Jun 14:44:14 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]
    19 Jun 14:44:14 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\processguard\dcsuserprot.exe [1728]
    19 Jun 14:44:14 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]
    19 Jun 14:44:16 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\processguard\dcsuserprot.exe [1728]
    19 Jun 14:44:16 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]
    19 Jun 14:44:17 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\processguard\dcsuserprot.exe [1728]
    19 Jun 14:44:17 - [P] c:\program files\netcaptor\netcaptor.exe [3592] tried to gain WRITE,TERMINATE,SET INFO,SUSPEND access on c:\program files\eset\nod32krn.exe [1760]

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

Pilli is using netcaptor if my memory serves me well, so he will be more entitled than me to answer.
    But if you want my opinion, there is many legitimate programs that we are using which request the "need" to access to the other processes without actually doing it. So I think if netcaptor is a legitimate app that this logs are legitimate too and you can allow it if netcaptor does not work actually, or if it works without the allowances, it's up to you ;)

regards,

gkweb.

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks GK. I've been using NetCaptor for a while without problems. I realize it's probably not the most secure (being an IE shell, etc), but I like it. And even though I see these messages in PG, the app still seems to work OK. I just couldn't understand why NetCaptor would need access to NOD32 (if that is what the PG message means).

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi D&C, When using Netcaptor I add it to my protection list, the only log I get from it is that it try's to enable Global Hooks.
    I contacted the Netcaptor ppl about it and it is only necessary to allow it if you want to use the mouse gestures functions in Netcaptor, I ignore it. :)

BTW I am using Avant browser ATM & think that it is better than NC in some ways. I also use Opera on one of my PC's - Just love the tabbed browser functions in them all though Avant is now setting the pace for me.
    :D
    HTH Pilli

5. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks, Pilli. I have not added NC to the protection list, primarily because I'm still using the eval version of PG, and I can only add one proggy to the list.

Btw, I've not used Avant, but I like NC for the same reasons (tabbed broswer). The only reason I'm sticking with NC is because RoboForm supports the NC browser, and I can't live without my RoboForm password manager. By far the Best single appy on my PC! :D

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Glad to help D & C,

I've not tried Roboform but I do understand why you use Netcaptor ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.