shortcut to a hotkey ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by 1 2 3, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1 2 3

1 2 3 Registered Member

is there a way to create a clickable shortcut to simulate a hotkey combination?
    for example - if i create a hotkey like 'ctrl+shift+x', but i don't want to press this combination everytime, but if it could be made into a shortcut which i can put in the quick-launch toolbar or another toolbar...

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. 1 2 3

1 2 3 Registered Member

thanks for that JRViejo

i've installed it, and had a look at the documentation, and i've found it to be quite confusing
    if you could just give me an example of what the script should look like, if i want to simulate the hotkey "ctrl+shift+x"

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Because Ctrl+Shift+X is not a basic hotkey combo, what is the software program that you are using it on?

Maybe the script Numpad1::^+X where pressing the Numpad Key 1 (Numlock ON) enables Ctrl+Shift+x can work but keep in mind that if any other software program uses the same hotkey combo, yet programmed different, the end result would be surprising, if the script is not placed in the proper folder. Ask for help in their Forum and do provide as much detail as possible.

5. axial

axial Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.