Shockwave Flash error in Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Every once in a while I get these shockwave flash error's , I'll paraphrase the mssg. "shockwave flash has performed and illegal operation, your strongly advised to restart firefox." Oddly, not long after I got that mssg , I came here to post this very question on here and Avast Home gave me a mssg saying in caught a Trojan trying connect while I was logged on here to Wilder's. I killed the connection. I have apparently both Adobe's Flash and Macromedia's Flash. Are these two conflicting with one another or what? Also can you get a trojan through Yahoo Mail? That shockwave flash error has come up before a few times but not every time , just once in a good while.

I'd like to find the source of this and get it resolved asap. Thanks.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. bgfalconboy

Thanks. Will this also take care of Macromedia Flash Player too? If I do still have that player on my system it's not listed in Add/Remove Programs list.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I dont know. Also how do you know you have the Macromedia version too?

5. bgfalconboy

Well, I know that when I use CCleaner from time to time it shows Macromedia files being cleaned, so that made me assume I still might have it on my system somewhere. I actually just used that Adobe Uninstaller, the files that were uninstalled were actually Macromedia Flash and I didn't see Adobe Flash in the unistalled list. I checked My Computer/Program Files/Adobe and no Adobe Flash Player after the uninstall, but Macromedia was still found in Application Data. Not sure why thats still there.

6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Are you using Noscript? It can sometimes throw that message when you hit a page with flash content... I have not seen it in quite a while, but it could be.
    Mrk

7. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

8. bgfalconboy

Nope, not using NoScript. I had it at one point but got rid of it for some reason or another. Well I uninstalled Flash and even deleted that Macromedia folder and then downloaded the latest version of Flash. Will see if this solves the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.