Shield not available in new install

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by tetonbob, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

I had 3.5 free, uninstalled it and then installed 4.0, to give the full features a try.

The Shield is not available.

On the status screen, Resident Shield shows as n/a.

On the Shields tab, it says not available in the free version. Version 4.0.0.72, download file was 4.0.0.72a

I thought it was full featured for thirty days. ??

I have a logfile.txt, but no error report.

Timer deletion failed, Value: 000003E5
    Timer deletion failed, Value: 000003E5
    application start was blocked because of several instances

I installed as admin user. I had shut down all apps, including AV/Firewall (disconnected from internet)

I was able to install properly on a separate system which had never had Ewido on it. Is there some time-out remnant from the old install (3.5) preventing the full features on this system?

Thanks.

2. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

Start Ewido from the desktop, then close it. You will now see the icon in the systray. Right-click and check 'Start with Windows'.

3. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

Thanks for the reply, but that didn't do anything for me. The systray icon vanished when I closed Ewido.

When I right-click the systray icon with Ewido open, several options are greyed out...Start with Windows, Resident Shield, and Auto Update

4. HelpFromFrance

HelpFromFrance Registered Member

tetonbob,

Did you by chance do an install, uninstall of version 4 then reinstall? I did that and lost the 30 day trial period right away. My uninstall of 4 and my reinstall were about 30 minutes apart on the day it came out. I had 3.5 before (free version) so I don't think that was the cause as the first time I installed version 4 it gave me the trial until I uninstalled and then reinstalled. See my thread about that here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=136190

I don't know what is happening, but I last night downloaded the version 172a and decided to update my version 4 and the trial period is back. Really odd. Not sure what to tell you other than that;

Have a good day,
    HelpFromFrance

5. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

Still no joy.

Ewido's email support answer was to uninstall, get a new download file, and reinstall. I had done this already, but I followed the instructions given.

No change.

Still no Shield, Autoupdate, or Windows Start options :'(

6. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

peter or vincenz?

Any fix for this issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.