Shaw secure "lifetime" licence!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firefighter, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Just got a new post from Shaw secure.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Shaw Internet Customer,

Thank you for using our Shaw Secure product. To continue enjoying the benefits and features of Shaw Secure, we require additional information to validate your subscription.

Please visit our registration page at https://secure.shaw.ca/apps/shawsecure/SignUp.aspx to re-register so that we can receive more complete subscription information.

It is important to note that users who choose not to validate their subscription may not be able to continue using Shaw Secure.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Shaw High Speed Internet Team

For additional support on the Shaw Secure product, please visit: http://support.shaw.ca/shawsecure/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Because I don't have any subscription code, only reg key, I can't use Shaw secure anymore. Obviously there isn't such as a free lunch. :D

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

2. Nitrox

Nitrox Registered Member

I got the same email too and deleted it.
    I had the software installed for about 5 minutes and uninstalled it right away after seeing how big and bloated it was. No big loss anyway. :D

3. jedisb

jedisb Guest

(Sorry about the cross-post. I repsoned to the seven page thread before seeing this. Just repeating what I said there.)

This is highly decptive and appears to me to be a marketing ploy to draw people to the Shaw site (to attract new business) and then pull the rug out from under them. Not to mention that the email subject has nothing to do with Shaw Secure but has a generic topic of "Service Improvement Announcement". This could cause other users of Shaw Secure to completely miss the re-registration request. Imagine their suprise when their license suddenly expires and their machine is left vulnerable!! And all this simply because Shaw most likely made a mistake in offering the product to people outside of its registered users.

It would seem to me that a less publicity damaging solution would be to let those non-customers that downloaded the program continue using it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.