SharePoint Server

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PRJUS, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

I have received a question to which I can't find a direct answer on the net, in this forum or on ESET's homepage.

Does NOD32 support Microsoft SharePoint Server so that it will scan uploaded files before accepting them?

Kind regards
    Preben

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I want to say it's a "No"...not "before" accepting them....because in most cases when NOD is installed on a "Server" OS, it automatically disables IMON.

Now...I'm not exactly sure what "bad" things happen when IMON is installed on Windows server...as to why it actually is programmed to disable itself, else something "bad" might happen. I'm assuming because IMON scans web traffic..and servers have IIS installed..and they conflict.

One note though....Sharepoint defaults to port 8081.
    If you're running Enterprise Edition "mirror" on the same server as Sharepoint is on..they will conflict. I change the mirror http ports to 8088.

3. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

I have searched some more and found that the other products that offer a solution uses the VSAPI in SharePoint (just like in Exchange) to scan for virusses (see link below) so its somewhat more than just Internet traffic scanning.

http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/files/Download/en/BitDefender-Security-for-Sharepoint---Quick-Start.pdf

I can see that a lot of vendors have specific solutions for SharePoint so ESET probably have to code a solution if I should be able to answer the question that was put to me regarding SharePoint support with a "yes".

Regards
    Preben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.