Share photo's while maintaining privacy?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by wilbertnl, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

I enjoy activities with 'strangers' whom I find at www.meetup.com. From these activities are photo's taken and a member wants to send me the pictures.
    But I don't want to give out my email address and other contact information.
    Besides a second email address for this purpose, are there any other comfortable options available?

Thank you!

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi wilbertnl, You could use a Disposable e-mail address or perhaps upload the pics to a file sharing service like rapidshare and give them the link to download the pics. Perhaps another option would be upload the pics to a place like imageshack.

I hope this helps. I wish I could give more info but I rarely need services like these.

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Drop.io was made for you! Create a drop (as many as you want or need) and you and your "friends" can upload/download what you want. You can keep the drops alive for a year, a month, or an hour, it's up to you. Each drop has a phone number that you can leave unlimited sized mp3 notes or messages, you can do the photo thing obviously, leave text or pdf files on your drop, you can create a "name" for your drop in the URL (or use the random letter/number default assigned), it allows for real-time chat, on and on. You get 100mb per drop free and it even advertises you can create as many as you want. Excellent service, I use it all the time. The uses are endless, seriously.

edit: I meant to tell you, you can upgrade a drop at anytime for $10 a year for one gigabyte $20 for two gigs, etc. The free should suffice though really.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.