Shady practices by security companies...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by aigle, Sep 6, 2015.

1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Seems even some of the so called security companies has fallen to the same practices which was once peculiar to adware/ spyware.

I instaled axcrypt and it came bundled with an unwanted software from Lavasoft, through open candy. Yes everything was visible and intentionally let it install to see what happens. There is an uninstall entery in Add/Remove as well but ordinary user can still install it very easily......sigh

We might see such behavior more n more I guess.

Attached Files:

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Nothing new here, and when I know companies do t his(lavasoft, chrome) I just won't use those products. What I do if I suspect they are present, is use ERP when I install and when I see the installer try and run them, I just block that individual exe. Works great. ALso program like EIS/EAM have PUP detection, and that helps kill them also.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Infact I am able to catch them easily, no problem. But such practice is really bad for ordinary users.

4. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. Very interesting article.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.