ShadowUser Pro allows reboots?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by rendez2k, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rendez2k

rendez2k Registered Member

I've just been testing ShadowUser Pro, and it appears it allows installation of software that requires a reboot without loosing any changes? This looks like a really important feature that no other similar software has right now?

On a downside it appears to be more expensive and hasn't been updates since 2005?

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Osaban has confirmed that ShadowUser can handle reboot-softwares.
    FirstDefense-ISR RESCUE (cheaper) can also handle reboot-softwares and maybe ShadowDefender too in the future. That's all.
    I would certainly use one of these, because I can get rid of reboot-softwares without any trace instead of using Image Backup/Restore (too slow) or using Add/Remove or a specialized uninstaller, which require a support of registry cleaner (too much work, probably incomplete and not safe enough).

My guess is that StorageCraft lost alot of profit, due to piracy of ShadowUser and that's why the development is probably frozen.
    FDISR Workstation's development was also frozen, since I bought it, except a few changes for commercial reasons.
    Money, money, money, that's all what counts nowadays. As fast as possible, quality = no, quantity = yes and alot of show in words and pictures. That's how it works.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It is an important feature if it suits your habits, that is a quick impression of a new application's impact on your system. I seldom use it, and when I do, it is to make absolutely sure that if my system crashed in shadowmode, I would still recover the shadow session.

I agree, 35-50 dollars would be realistic as a price. As far as updates are concerned these applications don't really need to change that often, even though there are some minor issues that should be addressed by Storagecraft.

ShadowUser hasn't been discontinued or frozen, it is pure speculation to say anything. If you check their forum it is striking to see so few posts in the span of 2-3 years, mainly because it is really quite stable and easy to use.

We'll see what happens next: The moment ShadowDefender replicates completely ShadowUser's features, the price factor and the compatibilty with Vista, will make SD very competitive.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Shadowuser also didn't do well, in a lot of the low level disk expoints, so from just a protection stand point it is probably weaker. Depends on why you want to use it.

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Several off topic posts relating to FDISR were removed from this thread. This thread is about Shadowuser Pro.

Pete

6. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

:cool: jsut to remain you . shadowuser is 3 years old and very unupdated to today market of malware.
    second i found a bug in it.i freez my c:\ only insall some software (with out reboot in shadow mode) press "restart shadow mode lost all chnages" and guesses what append? it restart ok but freez all other HDS which i didnt selected....what a bammer

cheers:cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.