shadowserver

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by chrome_sturmen, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I'm writing here to see if any of you guys have any experiences with shadowserver (I think the workstation counterpart is shadowsurfer) by storagecraft. I searched the forums and was amazed to find virtually nil on the topic. I booted into shadow mode, and was quite pleased to find that any changes I made vanished upon reboot- also the option is there to continue shadow mode upon reboot and either commit changes or disregard any changes, upon exiting shadow mode.

I could see where this would make a good layer in my security approach, already being a fairly adept user of firstdefense isr, and keeping regular image backups with acronis true image server.

Any thoughts?

2. grnxnm

grnxnm Registered Member

Tjena,

If you're already successfully using FD-ISR, and it works for you, then I'd stick with the solution that works. I frankly don't think you're going to get any additional functionality out of ShadowServer that you don't already get in FD-ISR.

Ha det bra!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.