Shadowprotect good for 64 bit?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by The Hammer, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Any glitches on 64 bit systems? Or do all the features work correctly regardless whether the system in question is 64 or 32bit? While I'm at it, I guess I should ask in what ways it might be better than the imaging/backup program in windows 7?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm running Shadow Protect on W7 64bit Ultimate, and the only thing i've experienced is after restoring to a previous image with the rescue cd i can't continued to boot into windows. I just get a blank screen with no options to continue. I have to press the reset or power button to reboot. I then sometimes get a screen that says your computer was not properly shut down; do you want to continue to boot into windows normally, safemode, etc. I'm still using version 3.5.2. I received excellent support on their forum, but was unable to resolve the problem. After the computer reboots the restore has always been successful. It usually takes on average 5 minutes to restore my 300 GB Sata drive. I was a little confused the first time i used SP because you have to use the rescue cd to restore to a previous image. I was use to using Acronis True image, and i never had to use the rescue cd to restore to a previous image.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It is a truly professional application, in the sense that their main customers are large companies, hence the price is not that cheap. I really doubt there would be any glitches whether it is 64 or 32 bit. I'm on Vista64 bit now and use only the recovery CD to backup and to restore full images, no glitches as SP is not even installed on Windows.

If you are interested in continuous incrementals (SP is very good at that, according to Peter the moderator ) you need to install SP of course and starting the process, maybe someone else who has this feature activated might be able to advise.

Win7's own backup application I hear it works fine, but apparently (if memory serves me right) images aren't compressed, and it isn't a fast process. Backup and recovery speed along with reliability are the two most important factors IMO, especially if one backs up very often.

4. ALookingInView

ALookingInView Registered Member

Yes, it is (good for 64-bit).
    I've only used SPD on 7 x64, but I don't think it functions any better on an x86 OS.
    It might not be the best bang for your buck, but it's the best money can buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.