ShadowProtect, FD-ISR, & Defragging

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by hjbyram, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjbyram

hjbyram Registered Member

Does Perfect Disk work well with both FD-ISR & Shadow Protect?

I finally got (thanks everyone yesterday who helped) my SP2 Desktop Evaluation CD created & SP2 Desktop installed, though not executed yet. My plan, after creating my SP2 images was to next try out FD-ISR.

Then I saw a thread yesterday regarding a defrag issue messing up the images & had never thought about that type of thing - I have only used the built-in windows defrag tool in the past. So before I proceed, should I be looking into something like Perfect Disk? Thanks

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

since FD-ISR is made by Raxco FD-ISR is already in the perfectdisk exclusions.
    you can try out diskeeper if you want to and put FD-ISR in exclutions manualy.
    lodore

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The three all play very well together. The only defrag issue is not to have automatic defragging going on with FDISR, as you can have a problem if you are doing a copy with FDISR and a defrag going at the same time.

Also be sure to test the recovery environment, and also ultimately you should test the restore.

Pete

4. hjbyram

Thank you so much lodore & Peter2150.

Since I need to keep it pretty simple, I will go with Perfect Disk.

I will be storing the SP images on an external HD. Will I need to do something special for SP when setting up Perfect Disk?

THANKS again

5. Peter2150

Nope. Just enjoy.

Not sure if it's necessary, but I always defrag before imaging. If nothing else, it makes me feel good.

Pete

6. hjbyram

Thank you again, Peter2150, you anticipated my next question on when to defrag.

7. Peter2150

Cool:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.