ShadowProtect Desktop

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by chattycathy, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chattycathy

chattycathy Registered Member

Is anyone using the current version of Shadow Protect? If so, does it allow you to backup selected files or folders only now? I'm using an older version and it doesn't allow that. I went to their web site and from what I'm understanding, they still don't allow it. I would purchase a newer version if it would. I don't want to download and install a trial version unless it does because I don't want to mess up what I'm using now. I also went to their forums but it has changed since I used it last and I will have to do all of this update stuff to make my user name and password valid. I say if I'm not going to be using their program much longer, thanks but no thanks. Any current users out there?

2. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I'm using the current version (v5.0) and it doesn't have that feature. I really don't miss it since plenty of other software provides that functionality (including the utility provided in virtually all Windows versions, from XP onward).

Having said that, you can still mount a full image, for example, copy one or more files and paste them into another volume or volumes.

3. andylau

andylau Registered Member

If you just want to backup files only, you can simply use file sync software likes FreeFileSync

4. chattycathy

chattycathy Registered Member

Thanks to both of you for your information. I suspected that it didn't offer this feature but I wanted to make sure. I will just take my money elsewhere for that feature or something similar. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.