ShadowDefender and save on reboot.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by trjam, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Talked to Tony and he now states he will not be trying to add this feature. Doesnt sit well with me because this time last year he basically said it was close and I am sure purchased the software with that hope.

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

From memory, I thought you were one of those blessed owners of the 'FD ISR professional'. Why would you need the persistent feature in SD having the above mentioned program?

Speaking from experience with ShadowUser (which has this feature), I have hardly used it in almost 4 years. That's not a reason of course for SD not to implement it, if he (Tony) said he would.

3. nanana1

nanana1 Frequent Poster

trjam,

I can understand your disappointment. I did hint to you that when Tony said he will need "some" time, it doesn't mean he's as close as you think. This is just his way of saying he will consider it.

I believe Tony must have tried his best to implement this SU's persistent feature in SD and must have hit a major roadblock for him to call it off for the time being.
    Maybe, when he sees the need in future for it, he will work on it again.

This is also a disappointment for me, but only a small one:p

4. pidbo

pidbo Registered Member

First let me say that ShadowDefender is a great program as it stands

but

Yes I remember that this feature was supposed to be coming soon.
    I noticed that there had been a breakdown of the usual (monthly or so) updates and I took it that this was because Tony was "making a push" towards fulfilling the objective of the new addition.
    I have been checking virtually every day (since it was first mentioned :)) for this promised feature but I suppose if it is not possible to implement (taking into consideration that he is on his own) as he originally thought, then he must be congratulated for trying his best and creating a great program anyway.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.