Shadow User

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ptah, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptah

Ptah Registered Member

Hi, my questions this evening are about Shadow user. When adding folders to the exclustion list which path is correct:

c:\Document and settings\user\application data\ - each program
    or
    c:\program files\ - each program

The targeted programs are Nod32, BOclean, Windows Defender, Opera mail and bookmarks, Look n stop, MCE download for epg data. I think these programs cover everything that download on a daily basis and are critical to every day usage. If anyone has any other areas that are important to stable pc environment please let me know.

I am also changing the time when windows looks for updates from everday to once a week. Should this be extended further in time?

I look forward to any help, as I am just beginning to trial this software and want to ensure the correct settings right from jump. This is my home and only pc with no other backup.

Aloha,

Ptah

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Ptah

I only use the auto commit and that on my thunderbird mail folder, which to setup I unhid the all hiddeh file and folders then browse to it [the mail folder] and select it, then rehid them.

That way you have the full path.

As for updates, I deactivate do the updates reboot, do any scans just in case some thing might have managed to get in nothing ever has, [and have tested at some bad bandit sites :eek: ] then I Reactivate.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.