shadow protect in every day use.

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ellison64, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Ellison,

The figures quoted were from Windows-from the disk is faster but after taking into account the time it takes to get the disk running,may not be in total.

Try this freeware here called TreeSize.
    Sometimes redundant large files show up-for example if you have two ShadowProtect files- one about 14mb-the other several hundreds-the larger can be removed as it was used to set up the ISO for the CD

Try HD Tune (Free) here and carry out the Benchmark Test.

A google will tell whether the results are OK or post here.
    However wouldnt think its a drive problem

If the uncompressed data is 27gb,the compressed image size will only be about 9gb-which at the most should only take you about 5 minutes.
    How long is the backup now taking?.

There may have been a conflict with Outpost-and what you say is also possible-I remember some versions of it were troublesome,

The important issue is how is the performance now?

EDIT; You mention that you backup to a partition called S.

If this partition is on the active systems disk,I hope you realise that you are taking a big risk of losing the lot, if the whole disk fails .

Backups should always be archived seperately away from that disk

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You better start another thread for this subject, because it has nothing to do with Image Backup. It wasn't difficult to me and my technical knowledge is almost nihil. My data was an obstacle for what I wanted to do in my system partition, so I moved it somewhere else.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.