Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Almazzz, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almazzz

Almazzz Registered Member

Hey people,i need some help.I have shadow Defender on my windows 7,i turned off and i installed game 'stalker shadow of chernobyl'.then i truned SD again on and played the game.but when i reboot my PC its removed ALL saved games.now i have to play game again from begin.my question is:can someone tell me how can i set up shadow defender that doesn't delete my gamesaves?my game is through 'steam'.thank you

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Add the folder where your games are stored to Shadow Defender's Exclusion List.

3. Almazzz

ok it was already done,but he just dleted my gamesaves,it was done before playing.the saves are in : c:/user/arbi/saved games or c:/user/public/documents/shoc

4. Almazzz

my saved games must be in: c:/user/public/documents/shoc/saved games but now theres no folder 'saved games' because he deleted all saved games.how can i put that folder into there in exclusion list?its says:its already in shadow thing or something but i dont see the file in exclusion list.thanks

5. ichito

ichito Registered Member

SD has deleted your saved games? You have installed and than played in Shadow Mode?...it's only one way to explain this for me. SD never has deleted files/folders in Normal Mode, only while exiting from Shadow Mode.
    Try add your Saves to panel "Commit Now" and also to "Exclusion List".

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

It sounds like you might have tried to add the folder to the exclusion list while in Shadow Mode. That won't work. You have to exit Shadow Mode, add the folder to the exclusion list, then re-enter Shadow Mode.

7. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

You could also make a copy of the folder where saved games files lie, to an external HDD or any location not managed by SD, then restore the files after SD is off again (after a reboot).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.