Shadow Defender

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by CyberWorm, May 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberWorm

CyberWorm Registered Member

I have installed Shadow Defender for windows 7 x64. Whenever I activate shadow mode, the computer freezes. If I enable shadow mode on reboot, it crashes the boot up.

Any ideas?

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Hi there, what other security applications have you got (HIPS, Firewall, etc)? It looks like a conflict. I would also post in the SD forum, where Tony (the developer) might help you.

http://www.shadowdefender.com/phpbb/index.php

3. ratwing

ratwing Guest

Hi CyberWorm!!

Sorry to hear about your ShadowDefender problem.
    Like Osaban said,there is the forum.

You may also want to try:
    support@shadowdefender.com or bugs@shadowdefender.com

In the event the forum is slow with a reply.
    This certainly the best way to catch Tony,who doesn't get a chance to hit the forum that often.

respect,
    rat

4. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

Just wanted to tell you that I have a similar problem, although there are some differences too:

My system is Windows XP Home, and with the recent version of Shadow Defender my computer freezes (sometimes, not always) even when shadow mode is not activated.
    (About the crash during booting I have no experiences because I never enabled shadow mode on reboot.)

I have written more detailed about the problem in the follwing thread, but the description there is no longer completely correct: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1637103&postcount=27
    In the meantime I found out, that the freezing does not occur only in connection with Word, but it can occur more or less every time.

I corresponded with Tony from Shadow Defender about the problem, but until now he could not find the reason for the freezing. Anyway, as ratwing already suggested, I also recommend you to contact Tony so that he can see that another user has the same or at least a similar problem too.

You can also make a test and go back from version 1.1.0.325 to version 1.1.0.320 (or an older one), as I did. Because with version 1.1.0.320 for me all works fine (= no freezing).

5. CyberWorm

CyberWorm Registered Member

I have emailed the support address and hopefully I will hear back soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.