Shadow Defender The NightMare To Come?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by DigitaBotOne, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitaBotOne

DigitaBotOne Registered Member

Shadow defenders Tony is still AWOL Phantom Armor is still up and running and offering Phantom Armor Full Source Code 100,000 old news .
    But what if The Phantom Armor creator / hacker / rip off merchent , dosnot make any money form Phantom Armor sales or its Full Source Code ? which is a nuts and bolts Source Code of shadow defender.

And decides to spread the Source Code around, to hackers and malware writers ect , Who then put it to no good writing nasties by the bucket load what by pass shadow defender ? . and infect peoples systems ? With Tony gone and shadow defender not been up dated How long can we turst it to keep us safe?

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I trust it so far. It's still out performing everything else available in security, and performance for me. I don't think their is a big chance in it's source code being made open source, but i could be wrong.

3. Serapis

Serapis Registered Member

The real source code isn't leaked. Dont worry phantom armor is only a lookalike ripoff from the sd interface (and a bad one at tht). Even if the sorce code is out in the open I thin it would eventually create a community that develops and maintains it after the site is gone. Actually it might be beneficial for the people. Anyways dont jump to conclusions yet, source is closed :cool:

4. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

In a global scale, Shadow Defender is used by very few people. If the purpose of malware writers is to make money, or steal information, they have much more rentable targets: the large majority of users simply rely in one AV, and go out there clicking everywhere, download from untrusted sources, use craked software or games, doesn´t care about updates... and only act when the computer is visibly infected, because meanwhile they continue doing online banking and shopping...

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Even then the identity theft doesn't occurs. The identity theft occurs when the greedy person voluntary gives the information about himself/herself even though he/she is protected through tons of security software. This happens, when they give into winning a lottery, due to greed.

Best regards,

KOR!

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

The world isnt ending people really..

Shadow Defender,even though the developer is missing,the program itself is rock solid for 64-bit and 32-bit.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I don't think theres anything to worry about here, Phantom Armor is nothing more then a cheap imitation (ripoff) of Shadow Defender's GUI and website.
    As far as the source code is concerned, how do you know it has the "nuts and bolts Source Code of Shadow Defender"?
    As far as Tony being MIA, until I hear something concrete on his whereabouts I will not speculate on where he may be, anything could have happened.
    The fact is Shadow Defender has been nothing less then an excellent addition in my security setup,so until that changes Shadow Defender will remain here.

Couldn't agree more.:thumb:

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

This is a good place to close out the idle speculation.

If actual facts emerge (as opposed to quoted rumors from other sites posing as facts and so on...), a discussion can develop. Absent that, this is simply idle gossip with a dash of conspiracy theory for seasoning.

Thread closed.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.