Shadow Defender reporting wrong diskspace %?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by bthology, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bthology

bthology Registered Member

Hi
    I have a machine in which i put
    C: and D: drives in shadow mode.

Before shadow mode, D: drive has 20% free space. 16gb free out of 80gb.
    Anyways when i put it into shadow mode it changes to 0% and all hell breaks loose with error messages (delay write failed etc..)

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Also, i've excluded my ESET folder on my C: drive and sometimes the updatefile is 16gb! So i usually have to delete the file and it'll be ok again.

If anyone can help me it'll be greatly appreciated as these are the only 2 issues i have with shadow defender.
    Thanks

2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

You might not have enough room on your drive. I am guessing here, as I am new to SD, if "Space used by SD" is greater than your Free space it could be why you're having problems. Maybe try just shadow moding one drive that you use most.

3. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Also, it is a good idea to exclude your Anti Virus and other tools that rely on signature updates.

4. bthology

bthology Registered Member

thanks!
    The thing is i have another machine with even less disk space (same spec machine) and its fine!
    With my antivirus, i've excluded the entire folder, i thought it'd be ok.
    Anyway i'll relocate my antivirus into E: (which isnt ever in shadow mode). But then again thats only a bandaid fix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.