Shadow Defender & pagefile/hiberfil

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Anouk, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anouk

Anouk Guest

Hi,

trying out SD 1.2.0.376. I have a few questions.

-are all changes to the OS kept in this one file diskpt0.sys ? The file is 22MB, but my browser's cache is already bigger. Does SD create/keep other files?

- I chose to have SD encrypt it's cache. Does anyone know how it is encrypted? Does this mean that, for instance, my browser's cachefiles are encrypted in SD's cache?

- If the answer to that last question is 'yes' than it is unnecessary to clean the cache at shutdown/startup, since SD keeps irrecoverable track of this. Am I right?

- Does SD contain the hiberfile and pagefile?

Kindest regards in advance, Anouk

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

diskpt0 has been discussed in the other thread, https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=293075.

SD also reports "Space Used by SD" in "System Status", which is different to the size of diskpt0.

I think from a user´s viewpoint all this is irrelevant. If the space available in disk is too low, SD reports the situation (option in "Administration").

3. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

Anouk,

Robin already addressed your diskpt0 questions and insofar as
    Yes, if and when you place your system partition/volume in Shadow Mode. ;)

TS

4. Anouk

Anouk Guest

thanks for all reactions. But in that thread I could not find all answers.

*in post 1808 of the above mentioned https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=293075 someone suggests that SD creates a hidden partition. Does anyone know more about this?

*how does SD encrypt it's cache. Is there anyone who knows about this?

regards in advance, Anouk

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2013
  5. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I don´t think so. For one thing, to create a partition, hidden or not, you need free unallocated space in the disk, which usually doesn´t exist at all.

6. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

I have to believe that's Tony's 'trade-secret', but it won't take much of your time to send him an email and ask. ;)

TS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.