SG -no log file?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jilby, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jilby

Jilby Registered Member

Hi-I've been running SG (and SB) successfully for about 6 months now, full protection etc, and keep them updated. I'm wondering why I dont have a log file in SG. I've never seen an alert or anything.. I'm online several hours a day and cant believe I haven't had something try to come through. Any suggestions?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The SpywareGuard log file isn't created until the first alert message pops up. So, it fits that you've never had an alert and have no log file.

If you want to test SG, then go into IE > Tools menu > Internet Options... > General tab > Home Page section > and make a change to your home page. When you apply or OK that, you should get an SG alert window about the change. Once you block the change and the window goes away, you should have a log file.

3. Jilby

Jilby Registered Member

thanks- I tried that...It wouldn't let me in to Internet Options...I was blocked...o_O?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Are you getting this message when you select the Internet Options... item from the Tools menu?

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

That's an admin setting that a couple different security tools allow you to toggle on and off. Javacool's products do not control that setting, but most people have it set from Spybot S&D. If you have that, you can enable access to Internet Options by doing what is described in this post:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=108982

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.