Severe performance issues on latest Endpoint

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by spongecat, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spongecat

spongecat Registered Member

I have 2008 R2 domain, with redirected profile folders to file server. Latest Endpoint makes Office 2010 apps unusable, applications are crashing randomly, all issues are going away when I downgrade to 4.2 Business.
    Now File Server 4.5 edition makes Windows Deployment Services unusable, adding drivers to boot images effectively crashes entire server. I would say any operation that involves mounting images, boot, capture or install causes a hang. Issues went away after downgrading to 4.2 again.
    Both File Server 4.5 and Business 4.2 are interfering with Veeam Backup & Replication when running Hyper-V replication. It's causing Hyper-V XML config files corruption, causing replicas to disappear from destination host. Removing Eset products from destination host resolves the issue. I've worked on this with Veeam and Microsoft, both confirmed it's Eset issue. Veeam had another customer with Eset and identical issue, removing Eset antivirus solved the issue.
    I've filed performance issues tickets before, it resulted in discovery of locks in Eset filters and eventually a newer version, but all the issues are still remaining.
    It's so severe in my case I have no other option but to downgrade.
    I will upload report from Splunk tomorrow with all the logs with crashes from the last few months while using Endpoint Antivirus.

2. spongecat

spongecat Registered Member

Ok, splunk report came at almost 8MB so it's too large. But basically I had 35 logged Word crashes, 8 Excel, 44 Outlook, and these apps are painfully slow, and all of that on 11 desktops only, during 6 weeks.

3. captainfish

captainfish Registered Member

You can upload to a file share site like "Transfer Big Files.com". It is the site I use to upload log files for use here.
    You add your email address to the person you are sending the link to. You then share with ESET the link that you receive. The link is valid for 5 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.