Seven SP1 don't wake up from sleep mode

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by blacknight, Nov 30, 2015.

1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

It's a common and seemingly unsolvable problem :(. Tried a lot of solutions, no one work. For example:

- disabled hibernation ( anyway, I have a SSD )
    - disabled " allow hybrid mode " in Power Plan
    - enable/disabled ALL advanced features of keyboard, mouse, network adapter, USB controller..... in Device manager
    - installed Microsoft dedicated hotfix: sigh, my system says " impossible to install this update "
    - updated all the device drivers ( they were already updates )
    - sfc/scannow
    - enabled/disabled all advanced options in Power Plan
    - tried many Power options in the BIOS ( ACPI in S3 naturally )
    - reinstalled Seven
    - I have not the Gandalf power :D

Some useful suggestion ?

2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

3. blacknight

Thank you, but I already tried Windows Power Troubleshooter and didn't solve, and powercfg -energy, powercfg –devicequery wake_armed and similar commands don't work on cmd - running as administrator - it tells: " not valid parameter ".

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hmm thats strange..
    powercfg -energy in cmd prompt works fine for me and after 60 secs writes the report.Not sure whether its anything to do with your drive being an ssd?.There were old threads somewhere mentioning they seemed more problematic with sleep when they first came out ,and that they were solved with bios/firmware updates.

5. blacknight

Sorry, I can't understand, but today powercfg -energy works - all other commands no - and the report says " ASPM for PCI express disabled for an incompatibility with the used hardware ": I tried to enable it in the BIOS, I'll see.

6. blacknight

The very strange fact is that if I change some option in Power management, sleeping mode works two times, and the next it stop working and my pc doesn't wake and shutdown.

Nobody else has some idea ?

7. blacknight

Take a look in internet: Seven has this problem, 8 too and 10 too ! :mad:. I don't regret XP or 2000, but they hadn't this problem. Happy new year Microsoft.

8. TS4H

TS4H Registered Member

@blacknight Had the same problem since switching to an SSD. None of the online tips helped in my case either. An OS reinstall to a HDD and a motherboard CMOS reset resolved the issue. Although no such luck on SSD. To me it seems like an SSD anomoly.

Hence when I was looking for solutions, I also read somewhere a long time ago it could be related to an ACHI driver for SSD controllers. It was observed that if your SSD is showing up "Safely remove hardware" hibernation or sleep wont resume as the device is may be considered a plug and play device hence the OS will not write hibertation/resume cache for it. Or something like that.. Never spent the time to confirm it or look further into it.

Sorry cant remember the link or the exact details. In my opinion, by reading all the issues online. Rarely did people solve this issue.

9. JeffreyCole

JeffreyCole Developer

Update your graphics card drivers. They have an integral role to play with this.

If you recently upgraded to the newest version you may need to roll back to an older version that works properly.

10. blacknight

Thank you TS4H ! May be that you're reason. I' search for this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.