Setup

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by wrazoo, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrazoo

wrazoo Registered Member

I just installed IDBlaster and I am using the defaults with the installation: WMP7 + WMP8 Unique ID, NT -specific ID, Windows ID and Internet Explorer ID.

When I edit one of the unique ID's, why can't I click on "Grab Registry Value and Intelligently Format" and have it perform that function on Internet ID or Windows ID or NT -specific ID?

Also, how do I determine what ID's I might need to add? I frequently run 2 mp3 download programs (LimeWire and WinMX). Should I add these? If so, how do I find the current ID's?

I am running Windows XP Pro, so should I delete the NT entry? This has been confusing to me, so thanks for your help.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey wrazoo,

Since I'm still learning IDblaster....I'll attempt to assist until those more versed in this program drop by.

Since that registry entry is part of the Local_Machine(HKLM)....it's possible you need Admin priveligies in order to write to that key ?

I'm still searching thru the past threads of this Forum and if\when I find related info I'll post....or....you can read this thread....and if there's any questions....just ask and I'll uh....try to find help o_O

I would not delete anything just yet....but I would caution you to back-up your original ID's if you haven't already done so.

3. wrazoo

wrazoo Registered Member

Thanks for your help. I do have admin privledges. When I click on Grab Registry Value, the only one that changes is WMP7 + WMP8. Windows, Explorer and Windows NT don't.

Also, how do you determine what other programs should be added?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.