Setup is preparing your computer for first use”

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Paragon_Matt, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

When using the P2P Adjust wizard to restore an image to different hardware, there's a possability that users could experience a re-occurring message at Windows startup that states “Setup is preparing your computer for first use”.

The error occurs when a Windows installation was not completed correctly. The error will not have been displayed on the original computer, and is only visible after restoring an archive and performing a P2P adjustment.

Steps to correcting this error:
    ****NOTE: It always recommended to perform a backup before editing the registry.

1. Within Windows, Click Start - Run, type 'regedit' and press Enter.

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup

3. Within HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup you will need to change the following values:

**Here is an example of what the registry values could look like

"SetupType"=dword:00000000
    "SystemSetupInProgress"=dword:00000002
    "SetupPhase"=dword:00000004
    "CmdLine"="" (This field should be Blank )
    "OOBEInProgress"=dword:00000001

** This is what the values needed to be changed to:

"SetupType"=dword:00000000
    "SystemSetupInProgress"=dword:00000000
    "SetupPhase"=dword:00000000
    "CmdLine"="" (This field should be Blank )
    "OOBEInProgress"=dword:00000000

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. stoopgj

stoopgj Registered Member

It worked! It decreased my Win7 start -up time by 15 seconds to 36 seconds. Thank you!

3. nesanmano

nesanmano Registered Member

Hi, I did the registry value changes. It solved the problem but, when trying to log into the windows 7 default Administrator account it says : Your account has been disabled.Please see your administrator. I went into safe mode and created a new local administrator account. I wish to access my windows default administrator account. Although, I don't even see the windows default administrator account on Logon screen. Please Help me.

My Laptop has windows 7 home premium.
    I tried CMD net user administartor/active:yes
    does not seem to work because
    THE Command completed successfully does not appear in cmd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.