Setup IMON on 2003 Server help

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Access Denied, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

How do I enable and setup IMON on this 2003 Server pc? Many thanks in advance. I have heard that IMON is a prob for 2003 so I left it off during install. ;)

2. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

i have read once somewhere to just leave IMON off Server 2003 altogether anyway.

Also remember to exclude certain areas of Windows with AMON aswell,

For exlusion files/folders for windows it is Ms Article: 822158
    If you have Exchange it is Ms Article: 823166

Better get a more opinions about the IMON.

cheers

3. Access Denied

Thanks for the info! I will make the exclusions and hope that someone can provide a success with IMON on 2003. This is the Enterprise Edition if that helps any. :D

4. beng

beng Registered Member

G'day Eliot,
    I have a few clients running Nod32 on Server 2003 with no real issues other than one that was also running MultiPop on their mail server, ie their mail server was retrieving mail via POP from a remote box, and had an issue with the Mail server thinking the connection was dropped on larger emails.
    Other than that I don't believe ther are any specific issues with 2003 per se...
    Certainly normal IE browsing is fine.
    I should also mention that some are also running Terminal Servers which is the whole reason to run IMON on the server in the first place. No system admin would practice "unsafe surfing" on their server would they? :D

Cheers Ben.

5. Access Denied

LOL @ system admin because this one is a home admin that got the ever so pricey 2003 as a gift. Its not one of those illegal ones out there I am happy to say. My home server is a real server, lol. :D

6. arrowsmithmidwest

I totally agree with you their beng, but also no system admin should do any surfing on their Server either.
    And i'm cannot remember reading where not to put IMON on Server 2003, i have IMON running on my own server 2003 here though.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There is a thread here on IMON and 2003 Server: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=43669&highlight=IMON server

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

8. Access Denied

None of the active directory nor exchange on here so that didn't have anything I need to exclude unless I overlooked it. So far so good. I just had to untick network for AMON because of the mass amount of huge files on the network here. :eek:

9. arrowsmithmidwest

While we are on the topic on 2003, Does anyone know what to exclude with SQL server 2003o_O

i hope im not travelling off topic, the SQL server is installed on my server 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.