setup.exe and autorun.inf worm getting through

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Pat24601, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat24601

Pat24601 Registered Member

I have NOD32 2.50.41 with the latest virus definitions. Recently a worm that i have been able to locate on google has started showing its signs... In my root directories of my drives and network shares, setup.exe and autorun.inf files are being created. I ran an in-depth scan of my pc and NOD doesn't seem to be turning up anything... does anyone know what can be done about this worm?

Thanks,
    Pat

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Generally NOD32 is excellent in worms detection so when you notice these files created , upload them to VirusTotal .

If some scanners detect a malware , also send the files to support@eset.com

In the mean time , if you are licensed user , upgrade to the newest improved version - 2.7 . You can download it from ESET's page here and install it over your current version (it will automatically upgrade) .

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As HiTech_boy suggested, please send a sample of it to support @ eset.com along with a link to this thread.

4. Pat24601

Pat24601 Registered Member

upgraded to 2.7 today... nothing new in the scan i will post if i see the files again

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you already sent an email to Eset's support as suggested above? Nothing has come through yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.