Settings (BS) for IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Yoshman, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshman

Yoshman Registered Member

Hi,

i have a question about the settings for imon. i used blackspears, thinking nod32 will run totally silent in background, but trying it with some "special" sites showing, that imon is asking for "Terminate" !? That means to me, that imon can't clean the file and can't delete it - maybe because its on a webserver!? is it safe for the system to configure imon to Terminate instead of Delete!? Or should i let imon do nothing and then let amon delete the file!?
    my aim is to let nod32 run totally silent :)

greetz from germany

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

IMON actively scans the file as it comes in from the webserver. Once it realizes that it is downloading a virus, it says, "Stop!" The "Terminate" option lets you quit the download and throw it away, before it can ever finish reaching your hard drive. In this respect, it is actually safer than "Delete", which finishes saving the file, and then deletes it.

"Terminate" only stops the download of that virus file. Everything else in the browser will continue to run as normal. It will not disconnect your modem or anything like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.